Hi everyone

Welcome -- introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jen doe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi everyone

Postby jen doe » 21 May 2012, 17:21

Jen Doe here :)

I'm on a quest for anyone who can help me with the advanced BBCode3 box installation on my forum... I'm a total noob at building a forum - at building anything on the net, for that matter... I have no idea how to do this, and would appreciate any help I can get here... Someone will literally need to walk me through it step by step, as I don't even know where to open files in order to be able to change them...

Thanks so much in advance

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Ooopsie » 22 May 2012, 12:34

Welcome aboard. The best way for a noobee is to use AutoMod. There are plenty of tutorials on installation of MODS. The best place to start is http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to-install-mods/ for manual installs.

Oopsie
_____
Be who you are and say what you feel.
Those who mind don't matter.
Those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

_____
And be kinder than necessary, for everyone
you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby tumba25 » 22 May 2012, 12:39

Welcome. Yeah, AutoMOD is your friend when installing MODs. If the MOD don't install with AutoMOD, I would suggest to try and find some other MOD.

Knight Rider Info

Postby Knight Rider Info » 24 May 2012, 04:53

AutoMOD is recommended for people who are newbies at installing MODs
If I remember correctly any MODX Type MOD, will work with AutoMOD
The manual install of placing the files for the MOD is the fairly easy part.
The MODs files have the same names as the Forum Files

For example, if one of the MOD's files is styles/prosilver/templates/contact.html that file would go in your styles/prosilver/templates directory of your Forum files
Questions about Knight Rider? PM me
Need Info about Knight Rider? Visit:

Knight Rider Forums?
(Link Updated)

Return to “Introductions”