Hello

Welcome -- introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lefty74

Hello

Postby lefty74 » 17 Nov 2006, 19:26

I saw the link to this site on evil's sig over at phpbb.com and just wanted to say hi to you all.

The little stuff I know about modding I picked up from actually installing mods to my forum which helped a lot.

Quite a lot of changes I make are 80% on a trial and error basis (i.e. guessing), the remaining 20% based on actually knowledge but I am trying to change the weighting of this... just takes a little while.

I am not sure whether I will be able to contribute that much but I will certainly learn a lot here :)

cheers
lefty

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 17 Nov 2006, 19:41

welcome lefty to phpBBModders!
there's lots to learn here from the experience some of the other guys have. have fun!

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 17 Nov 2006, 19:46

Welcome lefty!

Nice to have another member here! Especially a modder :D I hope you can learn a lot and then also contribute :) When you create MODs you also learn very much. By just exploring the system. It's especially interresting if you see a request, and you think "hey, how would i do that?". And then you look at the code, and you suddenly know how to do it (in theory at least, as you'll get many parse errors at the beginning, lol).

Enjoy!

- we're poor!

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 18 Nov 2006, 05:09

lefty74

Postby lefty74 » 18 Nov 2006, 16:49

thanks for the nice welcome ! :)

Return to “Introductions”