phpBB-RPG Modder

Welcome -- introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

phpBB-RPG Modder

Postby Ganon_Master » 21 Nov 2006, 15:12

Hi, I'm Ganondorf and I live in the Netherlands. I'm 15 years old and started working with phpBB about 2 years ago.

My brother introduced me to phpBB and I quickly started playing around with the templates. I didn't knew any PHP, so the templates where the only thing I could mess with, without ruining the entire board. Later on, I started installing small mods and later on bigger mods such as the CH mod. I never really had a board that had a actual purpose other then testing and experementing. I always modded myself and not using easymod and quickly understood some of the logic of PHP.

When I was browsing Niels Chr. Denmark's mod website, I found a link to phpBB-RPG.com.(I recently got Admin status there) I am a big RPG fan myself, so a RPG on a phpBB forum would be perfect for me. I tested all the three phpBB RPG mods.(Moogies RPG, RPG+ and ADR) ADR was the most promising to me.

I quickly became a member of the ADR Support Community. ADR had (and still has) a big collection of addons by other mod authors, that could expand your basic skill, shop and battle system to a complete online RPG world. I really thought about the many possibiltys PHP had. So I bought a book about PHP in a local store and started writing small scripts.(things like counters) Not that long ago, I started working on my first ADR mod and became a moderator on the ADR-support forums.

Now that Olympus is on it's way to RC1 and ADR will not be made compatible with it, I am starting to write my own basic RPG modification for phpBB3.

So that is my phpBB background...

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 21 Nov 2006, 15:33

interesting background. certainly a unique one. i myself am starting to get involved with RPG's and the such. Hopefully you can share some of your knowledge and pick up new knowledge here at ye old phpbbmodders. Welcome!

poyntesm

Postby poyntesm » 21 Nov 2006, 16:17

Welcome to the site.
My Mods :, ,
My Blog :

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 21 Nov 2006, 16:50

Welcome ganondorf!

Looking at your name and avatar it seems you like zelda, i love it too! I'm so looking forward to twilight princess (coming out in less than a month)!

Your story is also very interresting, i've never had much to do with RPGs myself...

Cool to have another modder over here! And working with phpbb3 already actually sounds reasonable to me, as it's in a very advanced stage (imo). Hope you can contribute to the community :)

- we're poor!

damnian

Postby damnian » 21 Nov 2006, 21:58

Welcome and good luck with modifying Olympus!

Return to “Introductions”