Hi From Singapore

Welcome -- introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sky Kaiwen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi From Singapore

Postby Sky Kaiwen » 02 Jun 2012, 02:00

Hi everyone I am new here,

Firstly THANKYOU for rmcgirr83 helping me to get into this forum,
Secondly I wish to learn more on phpbb3 modifications, where can I learn more and edit all my mod in my forum

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Hi From Singapore

Postby RMcGirr83 » 02 Jun 2012, 08:55

You're welcome and welcome. :wave:

Concerning learning more, the entire code base is made in [url=http://www.php.net/]PHP[/url] and uses javascript, HTML and CSS. If it were me I would start out with a simple mod and look at the code and what it does and how it does it. Use a strict text editor like when writing code and there are a few articles over at phpBB.com on how to write and test mods so you may want to have a look over there too.

Luke

Postby Luke » 02 Jun 2012, 11:08

The first mod I wrote was a user reputation mod.
It ended up causing some users to have mental breakdowns when they were at -36 rep :lol:

Sky Kaiwen

Postby Sky Kaiwen » 02 Jun 2012, 20:07

I know HTML and CSS but PHP and javascript i have no idea and how does it work can I have some guide or link which I can read and referring to and do more research on it.

Luke

Postby Luke » 02 Jun 2012, 20:27

I haven't had to get into too much javascript in my phpBB experience, but w3schools is good:
http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 02 Jun 2012, 20:29

PHP you just have to be able to use it, best way is to look at the way the code within phpBB is written and try and understand what is happening within that code.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 03 Jun 2012, 05:55

Morning ,Welcome :hi:
Steve ©

Sky Kaiwen

Postby Sky Kaiwen » 03 Jun 2012, 18:20

Luke

Postby Luke » 03 Jun 2012, 18:42

http://www.phpbb.com/mods/
Plenty of guides around there

Sky Kaiwen

Postby Sky Kaiwen » 06 Jun 2012, 02:34

Can I ask where can I learn how to plugin the mod into my forum,
So how can see all the source code and i can learn from it.

Sorry I am a bit new to php and javascript

Return to “Introductions”