Moderator CP MOD

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
Krank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Moderator CP MOD

Postby Krank » 16 Feb 2007, 04:21

MOD Name: Moderator CP
Author: Famitsu
MOD Description: This mod will add a Moderator Control Panel for all moderators.
They can disallow usernames, edit smilies, manage users accounts, ...
They have a similar link at the bottom, like the Admin.
Moderators have not allowed to edit Admin's accounts.
Admin is protected against mess made by moderators.

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=224249]phpBB link[/url]

what do you think of the mod? in terms of coding? security risk?...etc

this post what made me create this topic and a comment from a friend :D [url=http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2813522#2813522]Click Here[/url]

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saeru » 17 Feb 2007, 02:11

I use it, but use an older version, as the new for whatever reason refuses to work for me.

It works exactly like the admin pannle only it don't have all the options admins do. You can add or remove what modorators do have access to by deleteing files or taking an admin file and editing to for modorators rights, and uploading it to the Modorator CP.

I have had no issues from it at all with any of my my modorators.
To me it's one of the most useful mods there is, and gives modorators better control over some things.

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Krank

Postby Krank » 17 Feb 2007, 07:21

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 17 Feb 2007, 10:47

It has always been for all moderators. Why would it be a prob anyway?

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Krank

Postby Krank » 17 Feb 2007, 15:38

lol because i'm kinda picky about this hehehe

Yuri Menzl Celaschi

Postby Yuri Menzl Celaschi » 19 Feb 2007, 00:39

I use this MOD, but the earlier version. The new is good and secure?
MOD Team

Official Brazilian Support

MOD's: :: ::

Krank

Postby Krank » 19 Feb 2007, 00:45

i guess so, i tested the new version it works fine, but kooky (the MOD's author) announced in his forum that he won't be working on his mods anymore (because he's busy..etc) but i did test it, and it works just fine, the only down side (atleast for me) that i can only set it based on user levers (which in this mod can only be set to moderators in general) but i want it to be based on usergroups...

Yuri Menzl Celaschi

Postby Yuri Menzl Celaschi » 19 Feb 2007, 01:01

We can develop a new version, that users can be promoted to acess Moderator CP. What do you think?
MOD Team

Krank

Postby Krank » 19 Feb 2007, 01:17

lol sounds great, but i'm still a big noob to this, so i'm not the best one to be a partner in developing a mod, still a reading noob :)

Yuri Menzl Celaschi

Postby Yuri Menzl Celaschi » 19 Feb 2007, 01:19

Will can try..and ask help when we need =)
MOD Team

Krank

Postby Krank » 19 Feb 2007, 21:02

i found another thing, it seems that "kooky" the author of the Moderator CP MOD, has also made a MOD called "User Class" which basically adds new user levers
- Main Moderator
- Support Team
- VIP (Very Important People)
- Bot

[url=http://www.myphpbb.zaup.org/viewtopic.php?t=170]User Class v1.04[/url]

if you install both MODs (ModCP and UserClass) you'll be able to assign the ModCP access to one or all the new levels.

i need help though, i want to edit the User Class MOD, so it'll be like only adding the Main Moderator Level, skip everything else (the other levels, the colors..etc) just to add the new user lever (Main Moderator) so i can make it work with the ModCP)

Krank

Postby Krank » 20 Feb 2007, 00:38

i edited the MOD User Class (Removed the coloring code for user name, and removed the bot, support and VIP level"

still working on it though

Krank

Postby Krank » 20 Feb 2007, 03:00

Yuri Menzl Celaschi

Postby Yuri Menzl Celaschi » 20 Feb 2007, 21:21

krank, Do you make full job....Doesn't need more features xD....Will try =)
MOD Team

Krank

Postby Krank » 21 Feb 2007, 03:02

lol

Basically what i did with the ModCP is, Main Moderator is only Allowed to Ban usernames, can't ban IP, or e-mails, and a Main Moderator can enter the "Management" to edit a user, but also can only Edit/Remove the Signature and Avatar plus the ICQ/MSN..etc fields.

the ModCP MOD already has the Admins protected, i tried that, can't ban, edit..etc

its everything i wanted loll :p but i want comments on the codes i'm gonna look through it again, i'm sure i didn't remove everything thats not needed.

P.S:
if you install Main Moderator MOD (User Class Edited) you'll notice that the main moderator will not have a color, just like a registered members, thats because i removed all the coloring codes, because i'm using the Simple Colored Usergroups MOD and i love it :)

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”