Really Need Some Help

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Morris
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Really Need Some Help

Postby Morris » 03 May 2007, 15:10

I have recently moved my site and now uses Joomla to my site.
I have allways loved phpbb and allways will.

But with Joomla i cant use phpbb seens there are no good bridges to make them both to work, so users dont need to log in twice and not need to become members twice.

Without the phpbb i might as well close the site, but i love Joomla as mutch as phpbb.

I am not after to integreate the forum in the site so to speak for the apperans, but only to make the users problem to work.

I have tryed some bridges, but those wont work with all mods, and ho wants to have a phpbb forum without mods?

So of someone can maybe think of a way to make this work?

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 03 May 2007, 15:23

Best would possibly be to remove the phpBB registration process and make have an sql query for inserting data into the phpBB tables in your joomla registration script. Not too hard to do, i think :)

- we're poor!

Morris

Postby Morris » 03 May 2007, 16:12

Yes something like that could work, but the problem is that i am not so good with the php code and sql stuff.

DualFusion

Postby DualFusion » 03 May 2007, 19:10

What you would do is install Joomla and phpBB, then, if you have phpMyAdmin, transfer the columns from the users table and some other to their equivalent in Joomla, then in the config of phpBB, you change the table names and it should work good.
Look at my rank!!!! I am a guru!!! yay!! :D

Morris

Postby Morris » 03 May 2007, 21:06

Can you maybe explain that a little more?
I dont think i follow you.

DualFusion

Postby DualFusion » 03 May 2007, 22:00

Im not sure if you should do the same with the session table or not. Im not really sure on how joomla works :P. But I bet it has a users table. Lets imagine joomla has the table joomla_users and phpbb has the table phpbb_users. Now each table has its own set of columns, like user_id, username, and so on. what you would do is get the columns in the phpBB table and copy them over to the joomla table, then delete the phpbb_users table, and then go the phpBB config page (forum/config.php i think, if i remember :P) and change the following line:
define('USERS_TABLE', $table_prefix.'users');
to
define('USERS_TABLE', 'joomla_users');

that should be it, and you might have to do something with the sessions, because if you on joomla, you will get logged out of phpbb soon unless you have the automatically login option enabled. also, what i explained above is only for user registration and stuff. If joomla has sessions, which i assume it most likely does, then youre going to have to do something, and if it isn't, youre going to have to integrate sessions into joomla.
Look at my rank!!!! I am a guru!!! yay!! :D

afghan4life

Postby afghan4life » 04 May 2007, 00:23

There is a good bridge out there, i used it for a long time, only problem is that it uses hacked versions of viewtopic.php and such, so u cannot add mods to those files, which is why i stopped using it.

You can find it: http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/phpbbjoom.htm

if you need help installing, msg back here

Morris

Postby Morris » 04 May 2007, 08:06

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”