Database...

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Krank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Database...

Postby Krank » 16 Jun 2007, 22:25

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Database...

Postby Ganon_Master » 16 Jun 2007, 22:47

If you clean "phpbb_search_wordlist" and "phpbb_search_wordmatch" you'll probably end up breaking your forum's search feature.(meaning that the search will work, but it won't find any posts)

You can read about those tables in this blog post by drathbun: [url=http://www.phpbbdoctor.com/blog/?p=53]How does the search work? Part I: Table Review[/url]

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 16 Jun 2007, 23:01

You could actually rebuild the search tables with this MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=329629

But it takes ages for a big board...

- we're poor!

Krank

Postby Krank » 17 Jun 2007, 02:50

oh, I didn't know that, and about the MOD you suggested evil<3, yea, it will take ages, so do I even need to bother myself with it? I mean the search wordlist and wordmatch, is very very longgg, and by time it'll get even longer, so thats why I thought about clearing it you know.

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 19 Jun 2007, 15:37

As stated you can empty those tables but then nothing will be searchable on your board. It won't give you errors, it will simply return a "no posts or topics met your criteria" message.

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”