Custom Pages Mod

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carlf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Custom Pages Mod

Postby carlf » 06 Sep 2008, 01:44

I was looking at the custom pages mod over at phpBB:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=394886

The thread over there is so confusing. I would like to ask a few things. Is this mod compatible with phpbb 3.0.1? Also, does it create custom page which keep the forum style. For example over at phpbb.com, if i click 'about' i am directed to the about page, and the page keeps the style of the forums, with the header, navbar, rounded corners etc.

If i have got totaly the wrong idea :oops: is there a mod available which will do this?

Thanks for your help,
Carl

ewelin

Re: Custom Pages Mod

Postby ewelin » 06 Sep 2008, 05:50

Hello,

That mod is in the 2.0 development section, so it only works on phpBB 2.0.x series. I do not believe there is an active Custom Pages MOD for BB3 out yet.

I used a similar MOD by doobdee for BB2 and it allowed you to create a page via the ACP and it included the header and footer files. Really made adding pages a quick task.

Hopefully we'll see a BB3 version someday ;-)
Eric

carlf

Postby carlf » 06 Sep 2008, 13:08

Thanks for your help :D

//EDIT// just a question, the custom pages on this site, they were created manualy? Im just asking as im trying to intergrate a login box on the 'home' page on my site.

Thanks,
Carl

carlf

Postby carlf » 07 Sep 2008, 15:15

Sorry if it seems like im pushing this, but when i ask the same question elsewhere, im told to ask over here.

I have created custom pages usign the following article:

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/add-a-n ... -to-phpbb/

I want to add a log in box if i can call it that, like the one on the home page here, and maybe an accouncements box also. I have been told i need to insert a variable into my custom php page, but thats about as much help as ive got.

Any directions on how to do this is appreciated,

Best Regards,
Carl

House

Postby House » 07 Sep 2008, 17:38

I don't know of any stand-alone page make MOD for Olympus, yet either.. There might be one called frontpage something or other, but it's better/easier to do it by hand. It just takes a bit of leaning. :D

So I responded again over @ [url=http://startrekguide.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=50&p=85141#p85141]STG[/url] but this time with files that should help get you started good. Creating a page is really simple, it's just the announcement-thing that I wanted to link you here for 'cause it's come up before. :)

Look over those files, and play with them.
If you have any questions, just ask either here or there. ;)
Women should be obscene and not heard. X)

carlf

Postby carlf » 07 Sep 2008, 17:59

Thanks for the package, downloaded and in use :D

I will work from that

Thanks again

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”