[Request] Making admin from files!

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Wu-Tang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Request] Making admin from files!

Postby Wu-Tang » 09 Jan 2009, 03:34

Is there a way that you can make somebody with a specific name an administrator just by changing the files? If so can somebody teach me how. I would really appreciate it. phpBB3 by the way.

Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: [Request] Making admin from files!

Postby Semi_Deus » 09 Jan 2009, 10:19

If you are talking about the css, php and html files. Then no, there is absolutely no way.

Keep an eye on us, were back in business..

House

Postby House » 09 Jan 2009, 13:03

Really Semi_Dizzle? :twisted:
Well, you've got me on how to do it with CSS, but.. :P

Anyway, do you mind if I ask why Wu-Tang? It sounds like an odd request. Do you mean "how do I simply make someone an admin using only file-access - for whatever reason", or "how to use the Permissions system to specifically grant permissions A, B, and D, etc the right way" ? Only the second one would make much sense to me, unless you're trying to get back into your own board.. Which in that case, this would be a flawed question, and maybe we could suggest a better solution.

But to achieve the first, it's about as easy as writing a simple SQL query, depending upon how you want to go about it, with the possibility of maybe including a POST form in an HTML file as well to submit the UID [you basically meant User ID, not username - the username is a field associated with the UID, though either can be technically valid assuming proper handling] as a requested variable-token from within the query (let's say if you wanted to do this vaguely in the future with other accounts). With the simplest means being to just write the query as one to set Founder status to Yes [1] (which effectively turns the user into a full-Admin++).

Does that make any sense?
Women should be obscene and not heard. X)

Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Semi_Deus » 09 Jan 2009, 13:18

Yes mister inFinityHouseBirthday. I answered his question as it was asked.
So, can you make someone admin (rank, permissions, acp access all that stuff)?
Nopez

give someone admin permissions, yes.

House

Postby House » 09 Jan 2009, 13:37

I hope you meant that part about me warmly? :)

But actually, yes. Yes you can from what he asked. Either by way of a longer script, or by nature of simply having Admin perms. But that's getting into the community-based level of it, as in "how do I make myself an admin at someone else's website", which wouldn't make any sense.

So I just asked what he meant to say and tried to give an informative answer. :?
Women should be obscene and not heard. X)

Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Semi_Deus » 09 Jan 2009, 17:50

Wu-Tang

Postby Wu-Tang » 09 Jan 2009, 23:45

I just need admin permissions, or to be able to see every forum that an administrator can. If I can just make an extra page that I need a password to enter and I can change the SQL that would be good too

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 12 Jan 2009, 15:48

Uhm, if you have the files you can read the database info, and then you can also change it in the database directly. :)

- we're poor!

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”