Your message contains to few chars

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
skaarbanan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Your message contains to few chars

Postby skaarbanan » 14 Feb 2009, 09:05

Hi guys,

I've set the maximum nbumber of chars for the message body to 999 999 and when i insert less then that but still a huge amount of chars..i get an error message saying :"Your message contains to few chars"???
:|

i tried to take the message_parser.php from a workign test forum and still no luck...is there any otehr file included that could make problems?

it seems that....the board does not override the 65 000 more or less chars limit...even if i chage it to 0 in the Acp... :?

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Your message contains to few chars

Postby igorw » 14 Feb 2009, 12:57

Probably it's a bad ACP setting... ?

- we're poor!

skaarbanan

Postby skaarbanan » 14 Feb 2009, 13:03

well i've set it to 0 and 999999 nad i cannot still put more then 65000 or so chars as by defaults...

ive checked the message parser.php...everything seems ok :?

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 15 Feb 2009, 20:56

MySQL TEXT fields have a limit of 65,000 bytes, so you won't be able to put more into your database.

skaarbanan

Postby skaarbanan » 15 Feb 2009, 21:58

Well i can on my local server and on other forums..but not on mine :roll:

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 16 Feb 2009, 16:03

Did you try purging the cache? There is a button in the ACP.

- we're poor!

skaarbanan

Postby skaarbanan » 16 Feb 2009, 21:06

Yeah i tried that too...

i don't know which could be the error...it's really strange

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”