New to phpbb. Please help.

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
juddwa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New to phpbb. Please help.

Postby juddwa » 27 Mar 2011, 23:49

I have built a website that already has 10 individual phpbb message boards that relate to various sports. Does anyone know how I can add an 11th phpbb message board that would automatically synchronize with the other 10 message boards and all new posts would automatically populate on the new 11th message board? I am trying to make it where people can go to 1 message board and see all of the latest posts, regardless of which individual message board it was originally posted in.

Thanks.

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: New to phpbb. Please help.

Postby tumba25 » 28 Mar 2011, 21:37

That would depend on if you have your boards over several databases or in the same. I assume they do not share tables.

For the index you would need to join the forums tables for each board. And make sure forum ids and parents don't get mixed up. The best would probably be to add some prefix to the ids for each table.
Then when somebody clicks on a forum you use that prefix to know where to get the topics and posts.

Sound like much work.

juddwa

Re: New to phpbb. Please help.

Postby juddwa » 29 Mar 2011, 03:51

Thanks. I will check it out and let you know how it works.

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”