phpBB3 update system.

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
poyntesm

phpBB3 update system.

Postby poyntesm » 15 Aug 2007, 18:55

If the phpBB update system was changed to support MODs would you use it?

Briefly you provide two sets of files . the from and to version ... and then the diff engine does the work. You need a database_update.php but thats pretty easy.

Just wondering would you use the updater or just provide edits via MODX? So :thumbsup: / :thumbsdown:
My Mods :, ,
My Blog :

DualFusion

Re: phpBB3 update system.

Postby DualFusion » 16 Aug 2007, 03:43

i would create the db_update.php and that is it. I told the users of my wpm that i was going to provide an auto updater and installer, and then, they are going to expect it every version. And its not easy keeping up for every version. ;) Especially if you have alot.

So I dont recomend it. :thumbsdown:
Look at my rank!!!! I am a guru!!! yay!! :D

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”