TPL and Olympus....

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

TPL and Olympus....

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Jul 2006, 05:49

After looking at some of the TPL files it seems its been upgraded a bit in terms of IF statements and INCLUDES...but has teh standard stuff changed(in terms of hte php-side) ?

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 04 Jul 2006, 06:22

The things that have changed:

Files no longer include page_header/page_footer, instead they call the page_header($page_id) and page_footer() functions and include the header/footer template files.

Header:
<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->

Footer:
<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->

Templates directory has also been moved to /styles/subSilver/template.
Life in the house :)

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 04 Jul 2006, 06:32

The extension is now .htm(l?) for template files.

- we're poor!

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 04 Jul 2006, 08:42

I wonder if existing templates for phpbb2 could be edited to work with phpbb3.

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 04 Jul 2006, 08:47

- we're poor!

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Jul 2006, 14:48

well i think its just made life complicated. its better but those who do onl codfe HTMl will be baffled. We can no longer say its standard HTML so teh phpbb team will need to create a KB article on it...

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 04 Jul 2006, 15:08

There will be a documentation for phpbb3, that will include all this. You can still make templates just like in phpbb2, but you can add much more stuff. Can, not must ;)

There's also already a lot of info in the [url=http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/quickstart/]Quick Start Guide[/url].

- we're poor!

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Jul 2006, 15:15

but still...u have to include both header and footer. just so complicated :D

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 04 Jul 2006, 15:41

It takes like 30 Seconds to understand. :D

- we're poor!

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 04 Jul 2006, 16:43

yeah but u dont know howo noobish people get. like the installation of phpBb is the most basic thing i've done in my life. and people still dont get it...

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 04 Jul 2006, 23:40

The template system however does not require new templates to be created for stylesheet/imageset changes, you can have unlimited styles on one template.
Life in the house :)

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 05 Jul 2006, 04:36

It took me a bit to sort out how to make templates for phpbb2.. x.x Yeah.. I'll.. really be holding back on getting into phpbb3... I like my custom bluetabs template :P

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”