What the hell is this

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

What the hell is this

Postby Ganon_Master » 28 Sep 2007, 21:39

[url=http://area51.phpbb.com/docs/hook_system.html]Hooks[/url]. What's the point and why should I use it/them?

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What the hell is this

Postby Lord Le Brand » 29 Sep 2007, 11:20

Wow, a hooks system :o

It could be just me, but the explanation confuses the hell out of me :\

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 29 Sep 2007, 12:00

Yeah, this was added last week. This is not supposed to really be used by MODs though, it's more for CMS´. It allows you to replace functions with your own ones (have yours "hook" into them). So like this CMS´ can add their own append_sid for example, that rewrites the URL. :)

- we're poor!

websnail

Postby websnail » 16 Nov 2007, 11:22

Oooh... Now that's useful :)

You'd be surprised how many people request functionality be portable or useable on other CMS systems when they switch (for whatever reason)... For normal mods it's going to be next to useless but for anyone (like me) who's writing add-on functionality (like a calendar) it's a deity-send :)

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”