Imageset and Theme Refreshing

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Imageset and Theme Refreshing

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 04 Jun 2008, 01:44

I've looked at the file where this is done in the ACP, but it looks kina complicated, and I don't know what's going on. Isn't there an easier way? Does anyone have a script that will refresh the theme and imageset for all installed styles?

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Imageset and Theme Refreshing

Postby Obsidian » 04 Jun 2008, 12:33

Ummm...recompile stale style files in load settings?? You''ll still have to refresh the imageset though, I think.

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 04 Jun 2008, 20:20

I'm talking about code...

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 05 Jun 2008, 16:12

It's a bit tricky to get working independently, but there's some code in acp_styles.

- we're poor!

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 05 Jun 2008, 16:33

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 05 Jun 2008, 16:43

Well... have you tested it yet?

BTW, do not hesitate to paste the code in a code tag, the pastebin gets pruned all the time so, that's more a temporary thing. With prosilver's great code boxes it's also less of a problem :).

- we're poor!

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 05 Jun 2008, 16:57

I already tried posting it three times. But it was so long or something that everything disappeared and all it showed was [code][/code] I have tested this, and it results in no error, but I also have no guarantee that it does anything. The theme part I've had for a longer while, and I think it does something, but I'm not sure about the imageset.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 06 Jun 2008, 12:00

Fair enough. :)

I havn't tested it, but after reading through it, i'd say it looks pretty much like it should work.

- we're poor!

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 06 Jun 2008, 12:48

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 06 Jun 2008, 13:52

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 06 Jun 2008, 13:56

If the [code=php] tag comes up empty upon preview/post, don't use it. Just use the normal code tags...

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 06 Jun 2008, 14:01

Wait, I still don't get it. Do you mean if the code=php thing shows up after you have posted, not in the textarea for writing your post, don't use it?

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 06 Jun 2008, 14:08

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 06 Jun 2008, 14:37

No, the other way round.

It is a problem with PHP itself. They have some kind of limit on the highlight_string() function (which is called by phpBB), and if that limit is exceded, it returns a blank string. So if you try to put very long code snippets into a [code=php] tag, it will not get highlighted. In the textarea (when editing or quoting the post) it is shown though. You can just use a normal [code] tag. I don't mind if i can't see fancy colours :P.

- we're poor!

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 06 Jun 2008, 14:48

Ahh, I get it!!! thanks Evil<3 and sTraTo.

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”