Sub page problems - don't even know where to begin...

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Sub page problems - don't even know where to begin...

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 13 Jun 2008, 18:58

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Sub page problems - don't even know where to begin...

Postby Obsidian » 14 Jun 2008, 08:15

An idea, would the left_id and right_id trick help?

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 14 Jun 2008, 12:44

Left_Id right_id trick? I don't know if this is what you are talking about, but I think I got an idea...are you saying that I could figure out if the left_id and right_id of the child are between the left_id and right_id of the parent?

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

mtotheikle

Postby mtotheikle » 14 Jun 2008, 23:40

This article helped me with making a dropdown menu with all the forums. All you need todo is know the left and right ids of the forums and compare the ids with that of the last row. Pretty simple once you get the hang of it. So basicly you would figure out the page the user is on then display all the children for that page, but you would also want to display the main categories if they had no parent_id. Hope that kinda makes sense.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”