Download from SVN

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Download from SVN

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 26 Jul 2008, 15:54

Is there a way I can make a script that will either...
A) Hook up a download to a SVN repository, so each time someone clicks "Download" it zip's up the repository and downloads it. (I know this is possible - STG has this in their MOD Manager...and I could just copy some of that code, I have access to it, but I have no idea how it works)

or...

B) Automagically zip up the repository at a certain time, and make a topic in a forum, and attach the download.

A is preferred, and is probably much easier, so any help would be great!

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Download from SVN

Postby igorw » 27 Jul 2008, 11:27

You could use [url=http://phpbbmodders.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=2666]functions_svn[/url] to update the SVN repo (assuming SVN is installed on your server), and then phpBB's includes/functions_compress.php to create the zip. Then a variation of the code in download/file.php to push it to the client.

- we're poor!

Mighty Gorgon

Postby Mighty Gorgon » 28 Jul 2008, 21:13

Luca

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 28 Jul 2008, 22:18

Another thing regarding the SVN thing. Since your server may not have SVN installed (functions_svn requires it), you could use [url=http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/4270.html]this class[/url] (you'll have to register at the site), that allows you to download files from an SVN repo using webdav (XML over HTTP), all written in PHP. :)

- we're poor!

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”